São Miguel Island Tour
Sao Miguel is the largest of the Açores islands group and it is classified by Forbes as one of the World’s Best Islands. Named as a green and flower island by quite a lot of travellers, it combines lakes, waterfalls, volcanic landscapes, and high cliffs. A variety of nature, good food, together with the friendship of the inhabitants, makes São Miguel a perfect place to celebrate the 2023 edition of IWANN.
Sete Cidades visit
This visit will be organized by IWANN: A small bus will pick up IWANN participants at noon visiting the miradouro da Boca do Inferno and the miradouro do Vista do Rei, picnic in the gardens close to the Lagoa Azul and afternoon bath in the natural swimming pools of Mosteiros. See the links for more information:
Day to be decided but probably we will reserve this activity for the last day.
Other interesting spots
This is a list of suggestions for independent exploration. If you want to rent a car, please contact IWANN Technical Secretary, since they can give you information about car rental companies.
- Caldeira Velha, a waterfall of warm water in a botanic garden close to Ribeira Grande
- Furnas, volcanic area with warm pools (Terra Nostra, Poça de dona Beija), botanic garden and typical “Cozido” cooked in hot spots
- Nordeste: amazing cliffs trails
- Lagoa do Fogo, a lake in the bottom of a volcano
- Gorreana and Porto Formoso, tea plantations. Interesting visit and very good tea